I spent a month developing and implementing an experimental marketing campaign for Worn, a high-end consignment shop for men's clothing in Charleston, SC.

My goal was to increase the social reach and online presence of the business. 

Here is what I accomplished and learned. 


Final Result


Website Recreation 

Annotation 2019-08-11 103034.jpg

Original Worn Website - informative but hard to navigate, not very accessible, rough around the edges.  

Annotation 2019-08-11 103147.jpg

My First Draft - on a updated platform and easily navigable, but not approved by owner.

Annotation 2019-08-22 130122.jpg

My Second Draft - aesthetically encompasses "Worn" as a business. Plugs other social media and serves as a center point for his online marketing. If the owner decides he wants to do an email campaign or online store, he can easily do it from here.

Social Media Advertisment Result

Mostly from Facebook/ Slightly from Instagram


Instagram (the page gained about 20 followers during this promotion)

Annotation 2019-08-27 122942.jpg

-I achieved my goal of expanding the social reach and online presence of "Worn."

-As of 8/27/19, there is one boosted post on the "Worn" Facebook account that is still active ($15.38 out $20 has been spent), but I wanted to have a complete documentation page before the end of the month.


-The ads I ran reached about 3 times as many people, with more post engagement and more link clicks than the last two older Facebook ad campaigns done by "Worn" COMBINED. I believe it was using the pay per 1,000 impressions ad setting(which focused on reaching a lot of people for cheap)combined with boosting the incentive post(which focused on getting engagements) right after, that made the campaign successful. 

-With more time, I would be able to expand "Worn" and get more noticeable results. 


-As with any customer, I identified his constraints and worked within them until I produced results he was happy with.

-At the beginning of the month, I didn't know anything about running a digital marketing campaign. But through perseverance and talking with people who have the experience, I was able to gain the knowledge and then implement it into this project.

-I learned from my mistakes. Everything I completed had a different version or a first draft. 

Preparation/Week 1


Whatever the project entails, I ensure my work is goal-oriented, efficient, and brings my best attributes to the table. 


-What results can I produce? 

What can I do that is intriguing and beneficial, but also quantifiable over time, with a more creative-based project like "Worn" in Charleston?

-Week by week breakdown

This helps me organize my priorities and allocate time to activities that take the longest or need to be done earlier in the project. 

-What will the biggest challenge be?

Anticipating and preparnig for mishaps makes it much easier to take action quickly. Not everything can be anticipated, but I am always ready to adjust. 

-What assets can I bring to the table?

I apply this question to everyday activities. What am I good at that can be implemented into this project to make it exceptional? 

This is the 2nd draft of a Project blog post that details this procedure.

I used this to make sure my 2nd idea had value when I realized my original idea could not be capitalized on.


Writing this blog post helped me narrow down what skills to utilize and in turn, what project to do.

Week 2


What I did this week:

-Completed a project outline for my new idea after my first idea didn't work.


-Contacted 4 different store managers and owners until I convinced one to let me run a small marketing campaign for them. 

-Met with said owner to gauge his interest/connected with his social media.

-Created my first draft of the website.

-Created HubSpot and Mailchimp business account. 

Blog Post:

Concreting My Plan



What I learned:

-The fundamentals of giving a concise pitch.


-How to follow  up on that pitch in a face-to-face meeting. 

-What HubSpot and MailChimp are used for. What information you need from a business to successfully use those softwares.

Week 3


What I did this week:

-Met with the owner to get an opinion on the new website and discuss advertising as well as email campaigns. 

-Stopped using MailChimp, the owner decided against an email campaign. 

-I made my first paid Facebook ad with HubSpot and a couple with Facebook Automated Ads.

-Contacted some Instagram influencers. 


What I learned:

-Every business needs a mission/calling around which to build their customer relations. This is "Worn's": giving men style, without breaking the bank.

-On Facebook ads, you have to know what you want to achieve before you just jump into it.

-It is easy and effective to create ads on HubSpot, but for smaller businesses, creating them on Facebook is just as useful. (I just wanted to "get my feet wet" with HubSpot.)

-For influencer promotion to be effective, it has to be done precisely. The page has to cater to the specific audience with which you want to connect, what image/message will the influencer create, and is what you're trying to achieve, worth the money you will spend; in my case, it was not. 

Automated Ad creation in Facebook

Ad creation in HubSpot (to be used in Facebook)

Annotation 2019-08-21 140309.jpg
Annotation 2019-08-17 134130.jpg

Week 4


What I did this week:

-Came up with a customer incentive. 

-Dispersed the incentive on all online platforms.

-Created a project documentation page.

-Capitalized on the previous week. 


What I learned:

-A simple and effective way to delivery the incentive. 

-Advertising takes time and a lot of tweaking to get right.


-The importance of documentation.



Instagram Promotion